Friday, February 3, 2023

Pinkfresh Studio it's all in the details: stenciled, stamped, die cut, and foiled!

Hello, my Doodlebugs friends!  Michele here again - so that must mean it is FRIDAY!!  Yay!  I have a beautiful card for you today - by now you must know how much I love leaves?  This one from Pinkfresh called Detailed Leaf has many means of making it: stenciled, stamped, die cut, or foiled.  I wanted to see if it could stand up to just one - stenciling - but it fell quite flat for me.  Oh, it's pretty enough, but with a few extra steps you can get to this:

Detailed Leaf Stamp Die and Stencil from PinkFresh Stuidio

from this:


BTW Here's a tip - don't waste that lovely ink after blending the first stencil!
Just give it a spritz of water and flip it over onto a piece of cardstock...



I continued to spritz and flip until I achieved the inky look I wanted then, after drying, used one of the Spellbinder Essential arched dies to cut then adding my favored Altenew Dotted Swirls debossing:

Detailed Leaf Stamp Die and Stencil from PinkFresh Stuidio

Die-cutting, and adding the stamped image to the stenciled one really 
brought life to the leaves!  This sentiment is part of the stamp and the coordinating die set cuts it so perfectly in one piece.

But what if those lines were foiled?  Even when stenciled in shades of grey, the foiling really added gorgeous details!  

Detailed Leaf Stamp Die and Stencil from PinkFresh Stuidio

The sentiment on this masculine version comes from Fancy Script Words - foiled and cut with the coordinating dies.  I've added just a little more interest to the background using my Pinkfresh Diagonal Stitched Plaid die.

Detailed Leaf Stamp Die and Stencil from PinkFresh Stuidio

I hope I've brought a little fun into your day with these gorgeous leaves!  Wishing you the best crafty weekend, my friends!
=] Michele

Links to products used or recommended are listed below:  

11 comments:

  1. You certainly did bring these leaves to life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, you've done some amazing things with that leaf! I thought it was pretty before, but you've shown me The Way! The monoprint stencil background is the most lovely home for this beauty of nature. A whole other look with the gray and really quite striking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am torn between these two. I do love all things green, but also, your grey cards are always spectacular and that foiling makes it very special. Decisions decisions, I think I just go for a tie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stamping adds so much to the stenciled leaves, Michele. But then so does the foil. Pink on gray? Love the combination but never thought of it for leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love stenciling, but you have really brought these leaves to life Michele! All your cards are gorgeous! I do love the sentiments die cut out like that, I don't have many, but they do make a difference. Well done but I'm not surprised!! Ha, I was looking for your post last night as I though yesterday was Friday. Yeah, ding dong! LOL Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Each version has so many beautiful elements! I think you've proven that a masculine card can still have a little rosy pink on it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! and so much dimension

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing some of your fantastic tips for creating these beauties, Michele. I love how you brought the leaves to life. The foiling is amazing. Well, your cards are amazing! Crafty hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are something. These are beautiful and I love that you have showed all the steps that make these leaves come alive. Love the pun about the stenciling only "leaving" you flat. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both versions are wonderful Michele, but as I mentioned before, the gray really steals my heart! Maybe it's the foiling?? Lovely, lovely cards!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both leaf cards are beautiful, Michele! Love the Rose Gold foiling really shines in the gray tone card!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete