Friday, February 17, 2023

Altenew new inks, layering dies, and debossing - oh my!

 Altenew Open Peony die

I adore layering dies - Altenew has lots of gorgeous ones, and I was very happy to add this Craft-a-Flower: Open Peony die set to my growing collection!

Hello, my Doodlebugs friends!  Yes, it is Michele - are you just a little surprised to see me using blue today?  Now just because I have made it well known that blue is my least favorite color that doesn't mean I won't make exceptions to that rule!  I was really curious about the new inks from Altenew and thought these shades would be a good match for those hydrangea-periwinkle-ish shades of blue I do like!  I grabbed a piece of Bristol card and my Altenew blues and blending tool and got to work creating some paper to cut my Peony layers from.

Altenew Open Peony die

I'll have more about this pretty Pinkfresh Studio set soon - but couldn't resist this
wonderful sentiment considering the recipient of this card!  The Indigo Skies ink is a wonderful match to these Pinkfresh Studio gems!
I nearly forgot to mention this Dotted Geo Cover die - isn't she lovely?  Altenew really knows how to push my buy buttons!

I really think I'm becoming friends with blue!

Wishing you all a fun and crafty weekend!  Thanks for dropping by today!

=] Michele

Links to products used or recommended are listed below:  

11 comments:

  1. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL card Michele! So much depth and dimension in that layered peony and it looks fabulous against your gorgeous background! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these shades of blue and this gorgeous dimensional flower! It looks so crisp on the white detailed background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you inked cardstock to get the shades of blue you wanted on this wonderful layered bloom! Pretty card, Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and Blue appear to be quite good friends here, Michele. A beautiful flower with all those lovely shades!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am the same with blue, rarely is it my go to colour, but you have done a fabulous job with these layering dies. Love that debossed background too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blue is my least favorite color too, Michele, but you may have pulled me to the blue side with this gorgeous peony.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous blue peony, Michele! Love the shades, the layers, and the debossed background!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful blues for a gorgeous flower. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my all of those blues are fabulous! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a whole lot of gorgeousness! I did do a little double take when I saw this beauty on your blog with all those blues... beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete