Friday, February 24, 2023

Just a [Wintertime] note!

Is anyone else ready for the weekend??  For a short-ish month, this February seems to have gone on long-ish! lol  

Hello, Doodlebugs friends - Michele here with a wintery note to brighten someone's day!  I loved getting the Doodlebugs 'back in stock' email for Honey Bee's Lovely Layers: Winter Greenery!  My card came together with a few lovely 'supporting actors!'

Concord & 9th Just Saying Honey Bee Stamps Winter Greenery

Concord & 9th's Just Saying dies cut from custom-made pink cardstock 
is such a pretty addition to the greyish greens paper I found in my stash.  

Concord & 9th Just Saying Honey Bee Stamps Winter Greenery

A sweet friend of mine recently sent me vellum panels that she had embossed - I decided to give it a try using my old friend:  Forevergreen embossing folder from Spellbinders.  I loved that Stephanie had positioned her vellum to catch just a portion of her folder, so I followed suit here.  Isn't it pretty?  I used the same vellum to cut the shadow layer of my sentiment die.  A little dusting of Stickles-snow and my card was done!

I hope your weekend plans include CASEing something you've been inspired by - if that is something your saw here you've made my day!
=] Michele

Links to products used or recommended are listed below:  

11 comments:

  1. This is SO pretty Michele!! I love how you only embossed half the background, and your beautiful greenery and the soft pink Just a Note die cut just couldn't be any prettier against the embossed background...LOVE it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it every bit as much as I thought I would from looking at the peek on your blog. That's a great collection of greenery, and the embossing is the perfect background. Love the pink and grays combo, too. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Michele. Love this partial embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some of my favorite greens, Michele, and I love them in the grayed green.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is just gorgeous Michele! I love the embossing on vellum. I so need to remember to do that! I am also loving those pine boughs, the color you used for them is gorgeous and the added "snow" is just perfect. The sentiment is such a pretty pink and I love how well the vellum shadow layer shows. Just gorgeous, I'm in love! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty greens and I love the partial embossing on vellum with matching vellum shadow on the sentiment! That shade of gray is perfect with this soft pink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came here for that pretty spray of greenery, but now I'm in love with the embossed vellum! Add in that wonderful dusty pink sentiment and you have one fabulous card, Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card. Soft and elegant and so many fun details to uncover. You are a master at this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the textues, the layers, and the color combo of this lovely card, Michele!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Total sweetness and beautifully detailed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful winter greeting. I love the way you positioned the Forevergreen embossing, and how perfectly your design showcases the beauty of the winter greenery and the colors you've chosen. A wonderful creation, my friend.

    ReplyDelete