Monday, September 7, 2020

Hello from Toni: MFT Lots of Leaves


The seasons are starting to change and I'm so in the mood for Autumn.  That's what inspired my first card today.


I sponged the MFT Lots of Leaves Cover Up die with Distress Oxide Candied Apple, Carved Pumpkin, Mustard Seed as well as Distress Ink Candied Apple. Distress Ink colors are more intense on paper so really makes the red pop out in this case.


I then softly brushed my card base with Distress Oxide Peacock Feathers and stamped the Mama Elephant Wishing You sentiment with Versafine Vintage Sepia. The second half of the sentiment is embossed on a lovely brown cardstock.


As I was working on the first card, I thought about what else I would do with these leaves. Although they're deciduous tree leaves, I figured they would work just as well for a jungle type scene. Yup, yup.


I used two MFT Lots of Leaves Cover Up diecuts, one sponged on the back side and one of the front with Distress Oxide Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron, and Lucky Clover. This really gave some depth to the scene.

I stamped and masked the Sunny Studio Savanna Safari images directly onto the card front and colored them up with Copics.


I lightly sponged around the images with Distress Oxide Peacock Feathers and stamped the Sunny Studio Savanna Safari sentiment with Versafine Vintage Sepia onto a Lawn Fawn Wavy Banner.

Have a great rest of your week!  In the meantime, if you'd like to check out my other creations, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.

Products Used and/or Recommended:

No comments:

Post a Comment