Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Tuesday with Toni: Altenew Wallpaper


Hello, friends!  I'm really excited to show you today's series of cards!  I absolutely fell in love with the Altenew Wallpaper Art set and have experimented with it quite a bit lately.  Let's get started!


With my first card I decided to do no-line watercoloring.  I stamped the flower with Distress Ink Antique Linen then masked it with Inkadinkado Masking Paper before stamping the leaves with Memento Pear Tart on Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper.


I used Zigs to color up the Altenew Wallpaper Art images, using deeper shades along the edges for good definition.  When I watercolored the leaves, I discovered that the Memento ink resisted blending so it took more effort but turned out a treat.  I bet Distress Oxide would have worked well too.


I added shading around the image then stamped the Clearly Besotted sentiment using Versafine Onyx Black.  I then added black detail to the petals using  Copic 100.  I added further detail to the petals and leaves using Derwent Inktense Pencils. What a difference between the in-progress and final project pics, huh?


These next versions cannot be any simpler.  The one above is stamped with Versafine Onyx Black. That's it.  One layer, elegant, and clean.


This one is made a bit more frou using tone on tone stamping (Catherine Pooler All That Jazz) and a bit of gold washi. I prefer the black and white one; how about you?

If you would like to see my other creations, visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, or follow me on Instagram.  See you soon!

Links to products used are listed below:

2 comments: