Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Tuesday with Toni: MFT Bring Out the Sunshine


Hello, lovelies! I hope you're having a fabulous sunshiney day! I've been preparing a make n take for a group of friends that gather together periodically to get our craft on. The challenge is designing something that can be made somewhat quickly and still offer customization.  BTW, if you're unfamiliar with the term, think of a make n take as a card kit.


I decided to use the MFT BB Bring Out the Sunshine set, thinking I could have the gals paper-piece the dress from whatever paper they chose. I had done that with this version below. BUT, a bunch of ladies with knives?  Hmm, maybe not. LOL.


Instead I stamped her with Versafine Onyx Black onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper and watercolored her using Zig Real Brush markers.

I watercolored the dress inspired by a piece of Doodlebugs French Kiss 6x6 paper.  See the swirly flowers, random leaves and blue dots representing the darker blue flowers?  And now I get to keep that pretty paper in my stash and the gals have an inkling of what they could design.


For the card base, I sponged the MFT Ray of Light stencil with Distress Oxide Mustard Seed.  The MFT BB Bring Out the Sunshine image is cut out using a Waffle Flower Lacy Layers die and adhered with Scor-Tape.  The sentiment (I love this so!) is stamped with Versafine Onyx Black.  As a final touch, I added freckles using Copics.


The other card I had designed using this set is below.  You can read more about it on my blog and check out my other creations either there or on Instagram.  See you soon!



Links to supplies used are listed below:

2 comments: