Monday, August 19, 2024

Pastel Christmas Wishes, Non-Traditional Color Palettes for the Holidays

Welcome to a fun Mix it up Monday for the Doodlebugs blog where I'm still thinking of the holidays that are far away but are sure to creep up on us in no time! Typically I'm not a make ahead Christmas card type of person, I start late fall and do my best. But this year I've been really inspired by all the Christmas in July releases and extra inspiration I've seen from other design team members. It's fabulous and so fun!

Another thing that happens for me when I create outside of the typical time of year for a holiday or season...I'm interested and willing to choose outside of my typical color palettes. It's been SO FUN!

Delivering Joy die from Spellbinders

Today I have the Spellbinders Delivering Joy Sleigh in pinks, teals and mint greens. I added a little gold for some flair and kept the gifts classy with white. Isn't is so pretty?!? I really adore it!

Delivering Joy die from Spellbinders

For the background, I went with the same green and teal color scheme using the Pretty Pink Posh Christmas Trees stencil set. I trimmed the panel down to 3.75x5 inches and popped it up on a pink card base because, well, pink. I chose the same teal from the poinsettias for my sentiment strip, which is also Pretty Pink Posh.

Delivering Joy die from Spellbinders

After popping the sleigh and sentiment strip up on the stenciled panel, I finished the design off with a scattering of Spellbinders pearls.

I'm really curious to know how you feel about non-traditional colors for any holiday season. Please share! I used to be really rigid with my colors and now I'm definitely enjoying playing around with it all. 
 
I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!
 
Links to products used or recommended are listed below:    
 

2 comments:

  1. I love your design. The pink and turquoise colors are beautiful together. May I ask what paper you used for the pink and turquoise. Keep creating and thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your design can you tell me what pink and turquoise card stock you used please.

    ReplyDelete