Monday, August 26, 2024

Monochromatic Fun and Shaped Cards

 Happy Mix it up Monday everyone! It's Amanda from Twiddler's Nook and today I'm playing with monochromatic designs and shaped cards to make things a little extra interesting.


I started by creating an adorable Spellbinders Roller Disco Dottie with a red collar and red skates. She's the cutest but I couldn't decide on a complimentary color that I liked today. So I decided to keep it all in the family, the red family.


Next, I pulled out some Mama Elephant dies and created a sentiment banner using Spring Banner Greetings dies. Then I created my card base with the Mama Elephant Circle Combo dies. I love the wiggle room of liquid glue for all of these types of things. It gives you that couple of seconds to line things up.


After creating the 3 top layers of my circle, I cut an additional white circle, scored it about 3/8" away from one edge and then used liquid glue to adhere it to the back of the stacked circle combo. You can decide if your card opens up or to the side this way too. Total flexibility.


I ink blended the center of the circle on the front and splattered it with the same red ink color. Then I popped Dottie and her sentiment banner up with foam squares and strips.
 
I'm excited to pop this cutie in the mail to a special friend along with some crafty goodies I picked up. 

Products used:
Spellbinders Roller Disco Dottie dies
Mama Elephant Circle Combo dies
Mama Elephant Spring Banner Greetings dies
Liquid glue
Foam squares
Scoring board
Blending brush
Lawn Fawn lobster ink
Reverse tweezers 

I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment