Monday, August 5, 2024

Birthday Card Fun - Summer Theme

Hey friends! It's Amanda from Twiddler's Nook today sharing a fun birthday Mix it up Monday with summer vibes. We don't have many summer birthdays in our family and friends so I don't make many cards this style and it was really fun!

Pretty Pink Posh Celebration Cupcake

I started with the fun Pretty Pink Posh Celebration Cupcake dies, wanting to expand the use from 4th of July vibes to general summer, so I cut the fruit and sunglasses, omitting all the other parts at first. I added some detail with copic markers instead of ink blending this time and used liquid glue to adhere all the parts and pieces together.

Pretty Pink Posh Celebration Cupcake

Next, I cut 2 Mama Elephant Arches from vellum and a green polka dot cardstock in my stash. I used tape runner to adhere the layers together and foam tape to add the cupcake to that.

Pretty Pink Posh Celebration Cupcake

I started with a blank pink background but didn't like that so I ran the panel through my die cutter with the Spellbinders Tiny Dots embossing folder, ink blended the edges with some picked raspberry distress oxide ink and splattered it with white paint. Ahhh, that feels so much more like me. Then I popped the arches up with foam tape.

Pretty Pink Posh Celebration Cupcake

I cut a couple of Pretty Pink Posh sentiment strips from white cardstock and stamped sentiments from the Pretty Pink Posh Sentiment Strips | Birthday stamp set in guava and peacock inks. These are popped up with foam strips.

Now my card is really bottom heavy so I went back to the cupcake die set and cut some of the other decoration type shapes out and glued them all around with liquid glue. I think they add a fun touch and extend the design up without pulling everything apart.

The last thing I did was add white gel pen accents to all of the images. 

I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!

Links to products used or recommended are listed below:   


No comments:

Post a Comment