Hello, DB fans! Today's post is going to be a long one. Sort of a tutorial--more to show my process than to give you a step-by-step for this special birthday card for my brother who turns 60 today. Geesh.
Btw, I know many of the products I've used have proven quite popular so might be sold out. The Lawn Fawn Camera dies should be back in stock next week. I'd suggest you hit the "Subscribe to Back in Stock Notification" so you're notified as soon as products become available again.
Now my card evolved during the making. I had originally planned for a just 4 MFT Picture Perfect Party Animals to be scattered across the card with the camera centered so I used the new Distress Oxide color Speckled Egg for a neutral background. This also meant I needed to make this a slimline card for enough room. The measurements for this one are 8 (scored at 4") x 8.5."
As I was playing around with the layout of the two pics on top, I had great difficulty positioning them to my satisfaction so I decided to add more pics after letting the card sit in the corner to learn to cooperate while I watched TV.
I ended up coloring up an additional MFT Picture Perfect Party Animals image and chopping it up to give the appearance of even more photos on the card. This meant all of my lovely sponging was for naught.
Note that I could have used the photo size included with the Lawn Fawn Magic Iris Camera Pull-Tab Add On for the background pics but I would have had to color even more images. I'm nuts but I'm not crazy.
To assemble the Lawn Fawn Magic Iris Camera Add On and the Pull-Tab Add On I watched the LF video. It's good. It shows a lot of different options for working with these dies but, of course, I had to do a twist. You'll find in the video that an A2 sized piece of cardstock is used behind the camera.
I wanted all of my background pics to show so cut that down to size, being careful not to cut into the mechanism.
Note I used the Waffle Flower JJ's Rainbows pad for the rainbow strip down the middle of the camera.
For the letters, I used the Mama Elephant Letter Board alpha that fits perfectly along the bottom. I had to get creative to get the message in the photo.
I did find using my tweezers and beloved Gina K glue to be just the thing to get those letters on there without tearing out my hair. I find the Gina K glue isn't as thick as the others I've used which makes it a lot easier to apply, especially for arthritic hands like mine.
Ah, almost forgot to mention the Copics I used. It was a LOT. I kept the colors consistent across the photos but I still ended up with a desk covered in Copics. No photo of the Copics but I listed some of them below.
I'll see you next week! In the meantime, if you'd like to check out my other creations, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.
Products Used and Recommended Include: