Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Tuesday with Toni: MFT Farm


Hello, everyone! My farm girl heart is doing a happy dance with the re-release of MFT Green Pastures stamps and the MFT Barn dies!


I paired them with MFT The Whole Herd which, surprise!, has a whole bunch of cute animals to choose from.

I stamped the various images and colored them up with Copics. I added a paper-pieced shirt made from MFT Tiny Check 6x6 paper to the MFT Green Pastures girl.


I usually use an A2 card base but I wanted to jam pack so many elements on I just couldn't get it to work to my satisfaction so I made a slimline card instead.

Then since I had so much space with the slimline size, I decide add lots of layers with the scenery.

I sponged MFT Mini Cloud Edges at the very top with Distress Oxide Salty Ocean then used DO Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn for the grass, followed by DO Vintage Photo and Ground Espresso for the ground. I spattered a touch of water too and used my water brush for grass.


I added a tiny of bit of Distress Oxide Weathered Wood to the Sugarpea Designs Farmscape Border and MFT Rolling Hills fences to give them a bit of definition.

After that I assembled the various layers, ending with the fence from the MFT Spring Scene Builder dies for the fence nearest the barn. It's got lots and lots of layers, including a little foam on the girl, but still flat enough to mail. Yes, I'm a bit obsessed with ease of mailing. Go to the actual post office? Eww!


I'll see you next week.  In the meantime, if you'd like to check out my other creations, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.  

Products used and recommended include:

No comments:

Post a Comment