Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Tuesday with Toni: MFT Cute Chemists


Hello, everyone! Today's card is cute to me on many levels.  I was in the chemistry field for quite a few years both in education and work so geeky sets (yes!) have a special place in my heart.


The MFT Cute Chemists set is right up my alley. Not only is it super cute Birdie Brown but it's beyond punny. Swoon!

I colored the male image with Copics, after waiting a bit for the Copic Multiliner 0.2 enhanced glasses to dry. I used a LOT and didn't want to chance it smearing--yes, that's a horrible lesson learned.


In the meantime I worked on the background.

I stamped the MFT Our Story lamps then masked them before sponging Distress Oxide Fired Brick through the MFT Small Brick Wall stencil.

I also masked beneath the lamps and sponged some DO Mustard Seed lighting in.


For the flooring, I used a leftover strip of Sunny Studio Subtle Grey Tones 6x6 paper. Stencils and paper are a really quick way to create a background, let me tell ya.

Now, had you noticed something different about the chemist?  Shouldn't he be holding a beaker and flask?  Yes, but I masked those out while stamping then added in the MFT Friends at First Sip coffee to-go cup. I had to draw in a bit of his lab coat but that was easy enough!


I'll see you next week!  In the meantime, if you'd like to check out my other creations, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.

Products used and recommended include:

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!This is adorable! I'm making cards with the Cute Chemists set right now making cards for National Lab Week! I'm a former Chemistry teacher and Med Tech. Your coloring and design is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete