Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Tuesday with Toni: Altenew Layered Snowflake Stars


Happy, happy, happy Tuesday to you all!  Today I have 3 cards for you using the Altenew Layer Snowflake Stars Cover Die A!


For the first card, I had intended to use the Altenew Layer Snowflake Stars Cover Die A die cut as a stencil.  I sponged Distress Oxide Frayed Burlap and Antique Linen through it, leaving part of the card front light. Notice how the shadowy areas give the boxes a 3-dimensional appearance, so there's another idea for you right there.


Next I stamped the Sunny Studio Elegant Leaves "Thanks" onto the card front with Versafine Onyx Black. I followed that up with some of the Sunny Studios Elegant Leaves stamped in Distress Oxide Ripe Persimmon, Mermaid Lagoon and Peacock Feathers.


My second card used the Altenew Layer Snowflake Stars Cover Die A as stencil as well but this time I used Delicata Golden Glitz. My other idea for a card had the die cut itself golden so why waste the excess ink (sounding like my mom--LOL).

I masked the circle and impressed it with a Lawn Fawn Just Stitching Double Circle. I then stamped part of the MFT Floral Focus image with a Copic-friendly ink and colored it up with Copics.



That cobalt blue against the gold is dreamy. I like the glitter effect of the gold so I embossed the Mama Elephant Paola's Wishes using Versamark and Ranger Watering Can embossing powder for shine.


The final card uses the die cut as a die cut, sponged in gold. Yum!

I sponged the card base with Distress Oxides and Distress Ink in ombre pink. I love the combo of gold and pink too!


I adhered the Altenew Layer Snowflake Stars Cover Die A gold die cut with Gina K Connect Glue. That fine tip worked like a treat.

I stamped the MFT More Essential Sentiment Strips with Versamark and embossed with MFT Skinny Strips. I cut the width down by hand if necessary. 




If you'd like to check out my other creations, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.

Links to products used are listed below:

No comments:

Post a Comment