Tuesday, April 23, 2019

MFT Stamps Interactive Swing Die

Oh my! I just love the card Toni is sharing today! We hope you enjoy it as well!!

 *****

 Hello again, lovelies!  Toni with you today, sharing one of two cards this week that focus on the MFT Interactive Swing Dies.  If you haven't watched the MFT Interactive Swing video, I recommend you do.


For today's card, I first masked the card base and lightly sponged Distress Oxide Twisted Citron and Salty Ocean over it. I spattered this with water. Before removing the mask, I went ahead and added Copic grass to the bottom. The masking tape helped keep my sometimes enthusiastic flicks from getting out of control.


Next I stamped one of the MFT It's a Mice Time to Celebrate images using Memento Black and colored him with Copics. Doesn't he fit perfectly on the swing? I adhered him to the swing using Ranger Multi Medium Matte on his ears and butt.


Now let's take a look at the innards.  Notice the size of the pendulum mechanism? It's quite large so I positioned it on the back of the tree then built a Scotch Foam Tape wall for support.

  • This is also your opportunity to use the foam tape to control the width of the swinging motion. This is especially important if your swing has any parts that might get caught on the card front (like his tail!).
  • It's also a good time to add a coin to the back of your image as suggested in the video. I used a penny adhered with Scor-Tape.



You can also see here that I emphasized the inner cuts of the MFT Interactive Swing Dies tree with Distress Oxide Mowed Lawn. The tree itself is cut out of Lawn Fawn Speckles 6x6 paper

I did the sentiment last.  It's from MFT Polynesian Paradise, stamped in Versamark then embossed with Ranger Detail White Embossing Powder.

Super fun, right?  I do have a brief video over on Instagram you can check out to see it in action!  You can also check out my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, to see my other creations.


Links to supplies used are listed below:


1 comment: