Thursday, September 5, 2019

Bonus Thursday with Toni: Pretty Pink Posh Sunflowers


Hi, everyone! I'm so excited that Doodlebugs has started carrying Pretty Pink Posh again, I just had to share this card sooner rather than later!

I stamped the Pretty Pink Posh Sunflowers on a variety of papers and then fussy cut them out. Ugh. The dies would have been so helpful here. I added a bit of shading with colored pencils and some additional seeds using Copic E49.


I sponged the card base with Distress Oxide Salty Ocean using a Picket Fence Studio Blender Brush. I love that blue against the sunflower's yellows.

Next I stamped the MFT Bring Out the Sunshine sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black.  The image is stamped with the same onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth Paper. I colored her up with Zig Real Brush Watercolors Markers



I did some drawing on this card including the stems running through the sentiment and her outfit.  Had you noticed I gave her striped tights and a shirt? The perfect outfit for transitioning into fall.

Now my friend made the same card, having never made a card before. She'd never stamped, watercolored with Zigs, sponged, or any of it. I think she did a fab job, don't you? So don't be afraid to tackle a design or technique that you think is beyond your current skill-level. You can do it!


If you'd like to check out my other creations, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.  


Links to products used listed below:

No comments:

Post a Comment