Wednesday, July 3, 2019

MFT Stamps - Friends With Fins



Happy Wednesday!

Today's card is inspired by one of Jennifer McGuire's VIDEOS.  After watching, I had to try the bridge card technique she featured.  I used some wave dies and adorable sea critters from the Fins with Friends set from MFT Stamps to create my ocean scene.  If you're interested in giving this technique a try, I encourage you to watch her VIDEO.  As always, she offers perfect directions for creating this type of card.

I broke out my Copic Markers (it's been a while) to color the dolphins and narwhal.  I've listed the colors used in the supply links at the end of this post.



I used the Picket Fence Brushes to blend Peacock Feathers, Tumbled Glass, and Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide Inks onto Bristol Cardstock.  A few flicks of water, dabbed up with a paper towel created some added interest.  The stitched wave edges were cut with the Stitched Waves Border dies from Lawn Fawn.


I created the background with the Mini Cloud Edges stencil from MFT Stamps, Broken China and Faded Jeans Distress Oxide Inks, and the Picket Fence Blending Brushes.  I thought it was easier to stencil the background before doing any scoring.

It's really hard to see in these images, but I did use the Black Glaze Gel pen on the critters eyes, and the Clear Glaze Gel pen on the Narwhal's horn and back.  I love how this looks in person.


There's so much dimension to this style of card, and I love how it pops open once it's removed from the envelope to stand up for display.


If you haven't already, be sure to pop over to Jennifer McGuire's YouTube channel and watch her VIDEO.  She makes it easy to create these dimensional, bridge style cards.

Have a wonderful day!

Links to supplies used can be found below:

2 comments:

  1. Cathy, your card is so cute and love the look of those Lawn Fawn wave dies! I'm going to watch Jennifer's video and have a go at this kind of card.

    ReplyDelete