Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Coffee Cup Gift Holders from Honey Bee Stamps

Hello crafty friends!  We'd like to welcome Toni, from Frankie Helps Craft, to the blog again!  She'll be sharing some cute Coffee themed projects today.  Thanks Toni for the fun inspiration!

****

Hi, all!  I hope you're having a good day. I bet it would be better with some coffee! You could even be nice enough to give some away but only after you've had your own, of course. :)

I had such a great time making up these Honey Bee Coffee Cup Gift Holders! They came together very quickly so I was able to try all sorts of fun things!


I used papers from the Doodlebug Designs Cream and Sugar collection for both.

The sentiment on the left is one of the hearts from the Lawn Fawn Candy Hearts die. I love these so!

With the one on the right, my first, I used the Lawn Fawn Polka Hearts Portrait die to impress the front of the holder. The Altenew Coffee Talk sentiment is stamped with Versafine Onyx Black.


Now can you see how the this works?  The body of the holder is cut from a single piece of cardstock.

TIP: I used 140lb, 110lb, and 80lb in the examples here; I preferred the 100lb with 80lb my second choice.

The sleeve is a separate die as is the lid if you choose to cut one, like I did with the mixed media version below.


For this holder, I used a variety of inks to color up the lid (Distress Ink Candied Apple, Distress Oxide Barn Door and Chipped Sapphire). I sponged and spattered the body with Distress Oxide Vintage Photo and Ground Espresso.  I love that spattering with water creates even more shades of color. I cut the sleeve using one of my Gelli prints.

Oh! The sentiments!  Both are Altenew Coffee Talk.  The lid sentiment is stamped with Versamark and embossed with Ranger Gold Super Fine Embossing Powder, my fav!  The sleeve sentiment was stamped using Versafine Onyx Black.

Feel free to stop by my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, to check out my other creations. Have a great day!

Links to Supplies Used:



4 comments:

  1. Fabulous gift card holders! so playful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine! We appreciate the kind words!

      Delete
  2. These are awesome, I'm going to share them in the Coffee Loving Papercrafters FB group!

    ReplyDelete