Friday, February 22, 2019

Altenew Layered Dahlia Stencil Set

Toni's sharing on the blog again today! I love these stunning cards she created with the Layered Dahlia Stencil set from Altenew!

******


Hi, everyone!  I have a bonus post for you this week. We all need sympathy cards in our stash (and unfortunately I had run out recently) so I worked up a couple for the future, as well as a happier card.

All of the cards use the Altenew Layered Dahlia Stencil A and Altenew Layered Dahlia Stencil B in different ways for different results. 

With the first card I used the Copic Airbrush with V09, V15, YG63 and B93. I didn't bother masking as the airbrush allows quite a bit of control (not that I had any in some spots--need to practice!). I love the soft effect.  The sentiment is stamped in Versamark and embossed with Ranger silver embossing powder on vellum.


For the second card, I masked the two Altenew Stencils on the Strathmore Bristol card front and used Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers to color. I just colored with the stencils still on the paper--didn't trace or anything. I love the brighter colors here so used a fab sentiment from the MFT More Essential Sentiments set, stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.


With this last card, I masked the flowers, the leaves and background while I sponged with Distress Oxides in Tumbled Glass, Crushed Olive, Worn Lipstick, and Mustard Seed. Gorgeous. And softly colored enough that I could stamp the Mama Elephant Wishing You sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black and be assured that it would stand out. If you look closely, you can see where I added a few drops of Ranger Glossy Accents as raindrops on the petals.

Do you have a favorite? We'd love to hear what it is!  You can check out my other creations on my blog, Frankie Helps Crafts.  Have a great weekend!

Links to Supplies Listed Below:
Copic V09, V15, YG63, B93
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Watercolor Markers (assorted colors)

2 comments: