Saturday, May 24, 2014

Heat Embossing Inspiration

Here's some heat embossing inspiration for those of you participating in our Creative Challenge this month.  You can find more information regarding our Creative Community group and our monthly challenges HERE.

I decided to use the popular Blissful Butterfly die from Memory box for this card.


I cut the die from white cardstock.  I then covered the butterfly frame portion in VersaMark ink, covered it with gold embossing powder, dumping the excess powder back into the bottle.  I used my heat tool to melt the powder.

I then covered the butterflies with the VersaMark ink.  With a small spoon, I sprinkled yellow embossing powder in the centers of the butterflies, dumping the excess powder back into the bottle.  I then covered the remaining portion of the butterflies with red embossing powder, again, dumping the remaining powder back into the bottle.  I melted the powder with my heat tool.

I embossed a sentiment in gold and adhered the frame and butterflies to the front of the card.


No comments:

Post a Comment