Saturday, May 10, 2014

Heat Embossing Inspiration

Today I have some inspiration for those of you thinking about our Heat Embossing Challenge. You can participate in our Monthly Challenge over at our Creative Community Facebook Group.  We randomly select a winner every month for a gift certificate or products.  So, join in.  You could be a winner!

I used a background stamp and clear embossing powder to heat emboss an image onto some Mixed Media paper from Strathmore.



I then used my ink blending tool, and Distress Ink, to add rows of color.  The embossed areas will resist the ink.

Once everything was inked, I sprayed the entire paper, generously with Perfect Pearls spray, and then set it aside to dry.  You can speed up the drying process with your heat tool.  However, don't overheat it.  You don't want the embossed areas to melt again.  So, gentle heat, and patience.

The stamped sentiment is from the Simply Fabulous set from MFT Stamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment