Monday, October 14, 2024

Mixing Critters and Sentiments to Stretch Your Supplies

Happy Mix it up Monday again everyone! I hope this doesn't get old for you because I truly love it! My brain used to have a hard time reaching for different companies to put on the same card and now it's like a fun weekly exercise to see how I can extend the life of my crafty stash!

Today we're playing with cute critter sets that might not have enough or any sentiments in them. So go ahead, grab that other brand and go to town!

Mama Elephant Holiday Blocks  and Pretty Pink Posh Reindeer Friends

Today we're starting with watercolor and the Pretty Pink Posh Reindeer Friends set along with the new Mama Elephant Holiday Block set. I used my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers, including the blender to keep things bolder today. If you wanted to tone down your colors, blend them with water which inevitably removes some of the pigment and lightens them.

Mama Elephant Holiday Blocks  and Pretty Pink Posh Reindeer Friends

Once everything was colored and dry, I used the coordinating dies from both sets to cut them all out. So great that the Mama Elephant dies cut the sentiments in the set too! I love it!!!!

Mama Elephant Holiday Blocks  and Pretty Pink Posh Reindeer Friends

For my background, I embossed a piece of white cardstock with the Spellbinders Tiny Dots embossing folder and glued it to a card base. Then I cut a piece of kraft cardstock 2 inches tall and glued it on top of that. I covered the seam with a strip of black cardstock about 1/4" thick and proceeded to add my images and sentiment with foam squares.

Mama Elephant Holiday Blocks  and Pretty Pink Posh Reindeer Friends

For finishing touches today, I added red twine wrapped around the top and tied in a bow and I also went ahead and added glossy accents in a couple of places - reindeer noses and the hearts in the sentiment.

I love how happy this card turned out! It's a little early yet but I think Christmas crafting is going to be extra fun this year!

I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!

Links to products used or recommended are listed below:   

No comments:

Post a Comment