Monday, October 7, 2024

Die Cut Mania - Getting Ready for Christmas

Happy Mix it up Monday everyone! It's Amanda from Twiddler's Nook. Today I'm sharing more die cut creations but starting to sprinkle in Christmas with my Halloween and fall creations. This time I was thinking about how to stretch some of the products that might not be holiday and I chose the Pretty Pink Posh dump truck die set to start with!

Pretty Pink Posh Big Dump Truck and Spellbinders Delivering Joy

I cut all the pieces from atypical construction colors and used liquid glue to assemble it. I wanted the bed of the truck to sit on top of the "frame" so I just used a little washi tape to keep them lined up while I was playing around with the other elements.

Pretty Pink Posh Big Dump Truck and Spellbinders Delivering Joy

Digging for Christmas gifts to fill my truck with, I landed on the ones in the Spellbinders Delivery Joy die set. I cut the elements and used liquid glue to assemble everything. Then with the help of a little washi tape, I arranged everything taped it together on the front so I could flip it over and add dabs of liquid glue where things overlapped. After letting the glue dry for a minute I could carefully remove the washi tape and it all stayed put!

Pretty Pink Posh Big Dump Truck and Spellbinders Delivering Joy

For my sentiment, I went with the Spellbinders Make it Merry banners and thought the "jingle all the way" sentiment was too cute with this truck load of gifts. I layered the black top banner over white glitter cardstock and offset them for a little extra sparkle. I popped it up on the truck with foam strips.

Pretty Pink Posh Big Dump Truck and Spellbinders Delivering Joy

For my background, I cut 2 of the largest Spellbinders Emerald Cut Labels dies from white cardstock, scored one 1/2 inch from the top and adhered it to the back to create a shaped card base. Then I cut the inner label from teal cardstock and inked it up with the Pretty Pink Posh Trellis stencil and Lawn Fawn peacock ink. That is adhered with liquid glue and my truck is popped up on that with foam tape.

Isn't this a fun segue into holiday crafting? Now that I've filled this truck with gifts, I'm going backward to fill it with pumpkins and when Valentine's Day rolls around, watch out!!! We're going to have fun with this!

I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!


Links to products used or recommended are listed below:

No comments:

Post a Comment