Monday, July 15, 2024

Let's Spook Up Some Fun Summerween Card

Hey friends! This is Amanda from Twiddler's Nook. It's Mix-it-up Monday and with the recent spooky release from Mama Elephant, I jumped at the chance to make a Summerween card!

Mama Elephant Big Boo

We had a hot spell recently and I try not to use my copic markers when it's too hot because they leak so I stamped and watercolored these images from Mama Elephant Big Boo, then used the coordinating dies to cut it all out.

Mama Elephant Big Boo

I used a combo of liquid glue and foam squares to assemble my mini scene. Then I switched gears to the background panel.

For that, I used the Pretty Pink Posh Spider Web stencil set. I inked the web layer with white pigment ink and then heat embossed white over it so it was shiny and stood out more. Then I added black paint to Ranger Texture Paste for my spiders. This made them puffy and matte next to the shiny webs. 

Mama Elephant Big Boo

When the spiders were dry, I added the panel to a card base and popped up my scene elements with foam squares. For the sentiment, I grabbed the trusty Pretty Pink Posh Sentiment Strip dies and stamps. After heat embossed one, I popped the strip up under the house for a nice grounding look.

For finishing touches I added some gold watercolor to parts of the images and then splattered a bit across the whole card front too. Last, I added glossy accents to the flame on the candle in front of the haunted house. 
 
I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!

Links to products used or recommended are listed below:

No comments:

Post a Comment