Monday, July 29, 2024

Birthday Fun with Cool Tone Colors

Hey friends! This is Amanda from Twiddler's Nook. It's Mix it up Monday and today I'm thinking color theory while creating a birthday card for one of my very favorite humans! She loves those cool tones so that's where I pulled my color palette from...keeping to the blues and purples more than anything. Do you do that when creating for someone specific?


I started my design my playing with the Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Stars dies. I cut them from lots of different cardstocks and arranged them on a piece of white cardstock. After gluing them down, I cut the panel out with the Mama Elephant Postage Frame die, keeping the inside and frame pieces.


Next I cut the Mama Elephant Big Happy Birthday from white cardstock 3 times and glitter white cardstock once. I used liquid glue to adhere the layers together. Then went hunting for cute critters to add to the mix. I landed on a combo of Mama Elephant Summer Floaties and the balloons from Mama Elephant Peekabuddies. After stamping and coloring the images, I used the coordinating dies to cut them out and switched to assembling everything.


I drug my Lawn Fawn fish tank ink pad across the edges of my card base for some fun textured color. Then glued the outside frame of my background panel down with liquid glue. I popped the center up with foam tape and then glued the sentiment to that. I popped the images up with foam squared and finished things off with a little stardust Stickles and glossy accents.
 

I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!

Links to products used or recommended are listed below:   

No comments:

Post a Comment