Monday, May 20, 2024

Butterfly Pop Up Inside Surprise

Hello friends! It's Amanda from Twiddler's Nook. For this week's Mix It Up Monday, I'm combining dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Mama Elephant to create a fairly fun and quick card with an awesome surprise inside! Let's get inky!

Pretty Pink Posh Butterfly Cover Plate

I started with a piece of white cardstock and ink blended it with Lawn Fawn inks randomly. My color palette today was forget me not, fish tank and fresh lavender. I spritzed the panel with water and blotted it dry. Then I squished my Lawn Fawn deep sea ink pad on an acrylic block, spritzed it with water and flicked the darker color all over the panel. Once that was dry I went it with white paint splatters too. Once the whole panel was dry, I die cut it with the Pretty Pink Posh Butterfly cover plate.

Pretty Pink Posh Butterfly Cover Plate

I removed and saved all of the butterflies. Die cutting the smallest body from the Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Butterflies set, I glued it to the solid butterfly and set it side. Keeping with my typical love for splatter, I used black paint to splatter the front of my card and then glued the panel over top of that.

I chose a sentiment from Mama Elephant Banner Greetings dies, using liquid glue to adhere the layers together and foam strips to pop it up on the card front. Finally, I added foam squares to the edges of the butterfly wings and liquid glue to the center. Once it was in place I used reverse tweezers to hold the butterfly body down while the glue dries.

Pretty Pink Posh Butterfly Cover Plate

For the inside surprise! I took the remaining five butterflies from the plate and folded them in half. I glued the tips of the wings together with liquid glue. Once they were dry I glued the right butterfly inside the card, added glue to the left one and closed the card securing both end in place. I made sure to let this dry with heavy blocks on top for a while before trying to open it.

Pretty Pink Posh Butterfly Cover Plate

I had to much fun pulling this card together and love the extra element of the inside fun when the recipient opens it.

FYI - that many layers of butterflies in the inside makes it pretty thick so I think I'll save these cards for hand delivery or those going in a box of other goodies to mail. I don't think the USPS machines will like it very much.
 
I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day! 

Links to products used or recommended are listed below: 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment