Monday, October 2, 2023

Brewing Up Some Fun with Die Cut Inlay

Hello again. This is Amanda from Twiddler's Nook today, mixing it up with Mama Elephant Little Agenda cuties and the Pretty Pink Posh Haunted House die. They're perfect for each other! Let's get started!

Pretty Pink Posh Halloween House and Little Mummy and Witch Agenda from Mama Elephant

To start things off today, I pulled out the Pretty Pink Posh Haunted House die and my Mama Elephant Little Agenda Mummy and Witch stamps. I placed the stamps all over the house to see which ones and how many I wanted to use. Then I stamped and colored everything with copic markers, using the coordinating dies to cut them out.

Pretty Pink Posh Halloween House and Little Mummy and Witch Agenda from Mama Elephant

Between the house and the background panel, I did two sets of ink blending full panels. For the house, I used hickory smoke, gathered twigs and black soot distress oxide inks. I was super messy and intentionally didn't blend the panel well. For my background panel, I inked top to bottom with twisted citron, mowed lawn and rustic wilderness. Then I went around the edges with black soot. Still using distress oxides; it's was I typically reach for. I spritzed the green panel with water and blotted it dry.

Pretty Pink Posh Halloween House and Little Mummy and Witch Agenda from Mama Elephant

Next, I die cut the haunted house from the gray inked panel and glued the frame down with liquid glue. Then I cut the house again from black cardstock, carefully leaving as many of the little pieces in the die as possible so that I could inlay most of them onto my panel. This did take a while, not going to sugar coat it, but it was therapeutic and totally worth the work.

Pretty Pink Posh Halloween House and Little Mummy and Witch Agenda from Mama Elephant

I slid some images behind the window frames, trimmed out the center frame so my mummy would should through, and popped some of the images up with foam squares. I used a black pen to add web from the window frame to my spiders hanging down too.

Last, I cut a sentiment strip using the new die set from Pretty Pink Posh and stamped a sentiment on it using the coordinating Halloween stamp set. The sentiment strip was cut from green cardstock so to mute it down I inked the edges with black soot distress oxide ink left in my blending foam. I popped it up with foam strips and added some glossy accents to the candle flame.

I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!

Links to products used or recommended are listed below: 

No comments:

Post a Comment