Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Tuesday with Toni: MFT Kissing Booth


Hellllllo, everyone! I've been a bit under the weather but thankfully my mojo came back in time to play with the MFT Kissing Booth set when it landed in my mailbox this weekend.  Whew!

I really like the sentiments of this set as they increase the versatility a LOT.  I have two cards this week--a Valentine and a birthday card.


I made the birthday card a bit on the masculine side. I don't know about you, but masculine can be hard.  When I work one up, I generally stick to neutral colors and patterns. The Sunny Studio Subtle Grey Tones 6x6 paper is the perfect backdrop. Cute but not too cute (I know--as if).


I chose the more grey-toned Copics, except for that jazzy red and blush. Oh, darn, I just realized I forgot to blush up the bird.  I'll be sure to do that along with adding the Posca Paint Pen freckles before mailing. No, no, better do that now.  Done!


I was able to add some color and shine to the card using Doodlebug Design Lots of Love Enamel Hearts (love the tiny size!) as well as one of the Doodlebug Design Heart to Heart Enamel Hearts as a balloon.

Btw, did you notice the white enamel hearts?  Thank goodness for those. as I was coloring with R05, it blurped out and dripped to the left of the bear. The white heart covered that up nicely but didn't pull muck with the visual balance of the card!


Finally, I embossed the sentiment in red and cut it out with an MFT Skinny Strip.


Now the Valentine card is the polar opposite of masculine--LOL.  I used MFT Sweet Stack 6x6 papers and based my Copic colors off of them. So girlie girl!


Again, I used the Doodlebug Design Lots of Love Enamel Hearts on the banner. I also added a layer of Ranger Glossy Accents over the candy jar as glass.


That's it for me today.  Have a great rest of your week!  In the meantime, be sure to check out the shop as there are lots of new products being released--yay!

If you'd like to check out my other creations, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.

Products Used and Recommended Include:

1 comment: