Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Tuesday with Toni: MFT Fantasy Florals


Hello, everyone!  I've had this MFT Fantasy Florals set for a bit and finally took some time to play with it.



I stamped the image using Memento Toffee Crunch as I wanted the flowers to be part of the background versus all those black lines pulling it toward the eye. The MFT Essential Sentiment stamped in Versafine Onyx Black is pushed to the front of the card this way.


I used Polychromos 108, 113, 119, 125, 128, 134, 136, 155, 160, 165, 167, 170, 174, and 199 here. I can tell these will be popular colors for me. And, again, I have to reiterate how much I am loving the Polychromos--like buttah!



As I was coloring in the presence of some of my crafty friends, we started talking about how we preferred to blend colored pencils.
  • I generally just let the pencils do the blending for me; I don't bother overly much with smooth lines (tho I have on some pieces).
  • Some of my gal pals use Gamsol. BTW, I have an empty Copic marker that I picked up specifically to load with Gamsol--works like a dream and so easy to transport.
  • Some have used a blending pencil.
For this card I burnished then used Gamsol.  Take a look at the pic above (pre-Gamsol) and the one at the top of this post (post-Gamsol). Wow, right?

Btw, Gamsol is odorless mineral spirits; you can find generics of it at your local hardware store.


As a final step--well penultimate, I used Zig 092 to create a bit of shadow behind the bouquet. Voila!

Have a great rest of your week!   In the meantime, if you'd like to check out my other creations, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.  

Supplies used and/or recommended:

No comments:

Post a Comment