Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Sizzix Triplets- Christmas Tree Die

Have you seen the Triplets Christmas Tree Dies from Sizzix?  Love all the wonderful combinations you can get from one die set! 


I cut all the tree combinations from white paper, and used Tim Holtz Distress Ink and the Ink Blending Tool to color the trees.  I used Mowed Lawn for the trees, Vintage Photo for the trunks and Picked Raspberry for the background tree (the one peeking through the circles).  I applied a darker layer of ink at the bottom, using less ink as I worked my way towards the top.



I used the Snowfall embossing folder from Sizzix/Tim Holtz to emboss the background piece behind the trees.  After I embossed it, I used the Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Peacock Feathers) to add the color.  I applied a darker layer of ink towards the bottom and lightened the color as I worked my way up.

There are many dies on the market for cutting snow and hills (I think I might have to have one).  However, since I don't have one now, I just used my scissors to cut a few snow hills.


The frosty glitter is Diamond Dust.  I applied some Glossy Accents to the trees and snow, and then sprinkled on the Diamond Dust.  Wow!  I love this effect.

Here's some fun combinations you can cut from this fantastic die set.

And, just in case you couldn't make it to our Holiday Workshop.  Here's a look at one of the cards we made using the set.


No comments:

Post a Comment