Monday, February 18, 2013

Some Mixed Media Inspiration

I've been playing with some of the NEW Tim Holtz paints and the NEW Dylusions sprays and stencils from Dyan Reaveley. 

Here are the basic steps:
I chose to use some printed tissue from Tim Holtz for my base and used Claudine Hellmuth's Mulit Gel Medium to adhere them to the canvas, crinkling the tissue to create folds for texture.  Once it was dry, I used some  modeling paste and the doily stencil to create even more texture.  I then added  Mowed Lawn, Picket Fence, and Black Soot Distress paints to the mix and sprayed them with water until I achieved the look I wanted.  I added some Bombay India Ink  in Aqua and Green Grass, spraying them with water also  ( I got these from Akamai Art and Glass Supply).  I then added some Green Grass Dylusions Spray.  I dried everything again with my heat embossing tool.  I stenciled some letters using one of Dyan's new stencils and the Black Soot Distress Paint from Tim Holtz and added some stamped texture using a background stamp and black archival ink from Ranger.  The butterfly is from the Tim Holtz tissue paper, I simply cut it out and layered it on with more multi- gel medium from Claudine Hellmuth.  Once it was dry, I used the Pitt Artist Big Brush Pens to give it some color.  The words are written on masking tape with the black gel pens we carry and then layered on the canvas with the mulit-gel medium.

Create something today!!


No comments:

Post a Comment