Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Fin-tastic Birthday

Isn't she adorable?  She's one of the newer stamps we have from Taylored Expressions.  Included in the set are two additional sentiments (friendship and hello).  So, this stamp can be used for multiple occasions.


I stamped the image with black dye ink and colored it with the following Copic Markers:  BG13, 15, & 49, R02, 05, & 22, E00, 11, & 21, W2, 3, & C3.  I couldn't find a background paper that I liked.  I wanted something that reminded me of the sea or water.  So, I used my Tim Holtz Distress Inks to create my own background.  I smeared a bit of Shabby Shutters and Broken China on my craft sheet, sprayed it with lots of water, and then "smooshed" my mixed media paper on top of the ink, picking up the watery colors.  I dried it with my heat tool and then cut it to size.  I used Stardust Stickles to add some "bling" to her tail and the little pearls on the scallops are from Peacock Liquid Pearls.

No comments:

Post a Comment