I saw this idea (sorry, I can't remember where) on the internet last week and thought I'd recreate the card using supplies we have in stock. It's a great Valentine or Thank You card, but can be used for just about any occasion with the right sentiment. Anyhow, here's what I created.
Brief instructions are located at the bottom of this post.
Water Color Paper
Galaxy Gold Brilliance Ink from Tsukineko
Script Background Stamp
Sentiment Stamp from Technique Tuesday- Ali Edwards Collection
Pink Paislee Frames
Gold Glitter Brads
Gelatos from Faber-Castell (Bubble Gum)
Spellbinders Heart Nesting Die
Foam Dimensional Dots
Stickles (Golden Rod)
1. Stamp your background cardstock with gold ink and a script stamp.
2. Die cut or punch a heart from water color paper. Water color the heart with pink gelato. I rubbed some on my craft mat, and diluted it with water. Then applied it to the paper with a brush.
3. Once dry, I added some of the gold Stickles to one edge.
4. Make a small hole in the heart. String he heart on the twine and secure to the polaroid frame with two brads.
5. Attach the frame to the front of your card with foam dimensional dots. Secure the heart the same way.
6. Add your sentiment at the bottom with black ink.