Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Altered Heart Box

Last week we received some cute heart boxes from Martha Stewart Crafts.  So, I took one home, and "dressed it up".   There are so many fun things you can do with these.  You can paint them, ink them, or cover them.  Keep reading for a quick step by step tutorial on how I made mine.





Image 1 and 2:  Cover box with Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap and Multi-Medium (matte finish) from Ranger Ink.
Image 3:  Once the box is dry ( I used my heat embossing tool to speed up the process)  paint with a pink wash (watered down pink paint).  I used Painterly Pink from Cluadine Hellmuth's Studio paints from Ranger Ink. 
Image 4:  Again, once the box is dry, add some red Distress Ink from Tim Holtz.  I used Festive Berries, but it was a bit bright.  I think Barn Door would have been a better choice.  No worries, I just toned it down with some Vintage Photo.
Image 5:   Spray the box with Perfect Pearls (Pearl or Biscotti) from Ranger Ink.
Image 6:   I used a felt flower from EK Success for the top of the box and added some of the brown and red ink that I used earlier.
Image 7:  Stamp a sentiment on a strip of paper with archival ink and add some of the distress inks over the top.  I added a bit of blue to the mixture ( Broken China).  Then spray with the Perfect Pearls.
Image 8:  Add some Stardust Stickles to the felt flower and Liquid Pearls to the top of the box.  Once dry, add the flower, leaf, and sentiment banner to the top of the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment