Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Hand-made Ornaments

We decorated the tree in our window with hand-made ornaments.  Cute and simple paper ornaments.  I've posted a few close-up photos of some of the ornaments we made for the tree.

I originally saw this idea here along with the instructions.  Here's another version using an ornament shape instead of a circle.

For this ornament I used the Tim Holtz Vintage Noel die to cut the "25" from some chipboard.  I covered the numbers with red ink and glittered them with Martha Stewart Crafts glitter.  I glued them to a circle I cut from the glittered POW paper from American Crafts and then glued that to a rosette I created.  You can create rosettes any number of ways, but I used the technique in this video.  I used the nesting scallop circles from Spellbinders so I have a "tighter" rosette since the scallops are smaller than the punch shown in the video.

This ornament is super easy to make.  I cut 8 ornaments shapes from some patterned cardstock.  You can use any shape as long as they are identical on each side.  Fold each shape in half.  Glue 1/2 of one shape to 1/2 of the next shape, repeating until you have all sides glued together.  I punched a hole in the top and used some gold twine to hang.

No comments:

Post a Comment