Thursday, May 2, 2013

Canvas Using Faber-Castell Gelatos

A few weeks ago I was playing with my Faber-Castell Gelatos and wound up creating this "Owl Always Love You" canvas.  I thought it would be perfect for a baby or toddlers room. 

I've listed the supplies I used and some basic instructions at then bottom of this post.  Stop by the store for a closer look and /or additional help.  We'd be happy to help you find the supplies to recreate this fun canvas.




Supplies used to create this project:

Faber-Castell Gelatos-  Cotton Candy, Butter Cream, Pistachio, Green Tea, Chocolate, Butterscotch, Licorice and Early Grey
Sizzix Owl #2 Die
Dylusions Stamps from Dyan Reaveley- Around the Edge Set
Tim Holtz Mixed Media Stamp set from Stampers Anonymous
Black and White pen from Uniball
Archival Ink from Ranger- Coffee, Vermillion, and Library Green
Gesso and Matte Multi-Medium from Claudine Hellmuth's Stuidio Paints
Green Patterned Paper for Leaves
Patterned Paper for Owl and Branches
Miscellaneous Alphabet Stickers
Black Soot Distress Ink from Tim Holtz

Basic Instructions:
Gesso the surface of your canvas.  Use a few of the Gelatos to color randomly on the surface of your canvas. Then, using water and a paint brush, blend the Gelatos until you are happy with the results.  Once dry, use the brown ink and the red ink to stamp some random images onto the canvas.

Tear your brown paper in the shape of a branch and adhere to the canvas with the multi-medium.  Use the Sixxiz Owl #2 die to cut your owl from patterned paper and adhere to the canvas with the multi-medium.  Cut several leaves (I free handed them) from green paper and adhere randomly to the canvas, again, using the multi-medium.  Cover the papered surfaces with the multi-medium.  Allow time to dry before proceeding.

Using the green ink and the leaves border stamp, randomly stamp leaves onto the canvas. 

Highlight the paper pieces with the Gelatos.  I drew them on, and then rubbed them with my finger to shade the edges.  Then fill in the leaves with the green Gelatos.  Again, I drew the Gelatos on, and then rubbed them with my fingers to fill in and shade the leaves.

Use the black and white pen to highlight / outline the paper pieces.  Adhere your letters and seal with the multi-medium.  Use and Ink Blending tool to apply some Black Soot ink to the edges of the canvas.

I sealed my completed canvas with a Krylon Satin Finish since some of the products I used were not permanent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment