Friday, May 22, 2015

W Plus 9 - Pretty Peonies

I've been practicing my watercolor techniques using the W Plus 9 stamps we received a couple of weeks back.  They are super fun, and after a little practice, they make it super easy to create beautiful watercolored images.

My favorite set was the Pretty Peonies stamp set.  It can be used in numerous ways.  However, I used it to create some "loose" watercolored images.

Here's an image of the supplies I was practicing with.  I used the Tim Holtz Distress Ink markers, the Gansai Tambi watercolors, and Strathmore's Mixed Media paper.


To create the peonies, I used the detailed portion of the images.  If you look at the actual stamp at the end of this post, you'll find there are three images for each flower.  The base, the details, and the outline.  You can use them to build flowers by layering the stamps, or use the detail portion to create the basic image, pulling the colors out with a wet brush.  Check out this wonderful VIDEO from Dawn at W Plus 9.  She shows and explains the process in detail.  Here's another VIDEO demonstrating how she used the Flora and Fauna Two stamp set to create some amazing butterflies.  I highly recommend both of these videos!

Here's are the cards I created after a little practice.




I wasn't happy with the placement of these flowers.  However, a little ribbon and bow at the bottom helped to balance it a bit. 



Here's an image of the Pretty Peonies stamp set.



Here's the Floral and Fauna Two set.


2 comments:

  1. Not big into flowers but I LOVE both of these cards...the colors are FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete