Thursday, October 16, 2014

Hero Arts - Fall Watercolor Leaf Card

I love fall and all the beautifully colored leaves!  It was my inspiration for this Saturday's "Make and Take" and today's card.  Both were created using the same watercolor technique.  I inked the stamp with Tim Holtz Distress Inks.  Any Fall colors will work.  I applied orange first and then used a green or purple around the edges.

Stamp the image on watercolor or mixed media paper and then use a wet paint brush to activate and move the colors.

I also used a wet brush with color to "flick" some color onto the card around the leaf.

Here are the results.


Here's a close up look at the leaf.

 

If you're in town on Saturday, stop by for our FREE "Make and Take".  We'll be using the same technique to create the card below.  Our "Make and Take" is available between 1PM and 3PM, while supplies last.


No comments:

Post a Comment