We're preparing for new classes and our Spring Workshop and hope to bring you all the details later this week. Today, we'd like to introduce you to our NEW Monthly Challenge for 2016. We had fun in 2015 with our monthly challenges over at our Facebook, Creative Community Group and have decided to continue the challenges this year, with a new twist.
We were inspired in November by Jennifer McGuire's wonderful Share Handmade Kindness campaign. We loved it so much, we want to Share Handmade Kindness all year long. So, each month, we'll be challenging you to create cards to share with others. We'll choose a cause, or group of people as our challenge. You (along with us) can create hand-made cards based on the challenge. We'll collect them, and deliver them to the recipients. Of course, we'll have prizes and giveaways too. You don't need to be a member of our Facebook Community to participate. If you are a member, we encourage you to share images of your cards before sending them off to us. If you're not, you can share them on Instagram using #doodlebugswa. Or, they don't need to be share at all. Just delivered to us in time for us to deliver them to our recipients.
Here's what you need to know:
- Cards will be collected at our Brick and Mortar store. You can drop them off, or send them to Doodlebugs- 138 W. Washington Street, Sequim, WA 98382. They need to be received by the close of business, the last day of each month.
- Cards should include an UNSEALED envelope.
- Please include your name and email address on a separate piece of paper if you'd like to be included in our random drawing for a monthly prize package (each card submitted = 1 entry) Winner will be announced and notified during the first week of the following month.
- To encourage you to share your beautiful cards, occasionally, we'll give away additional goodies by randomly selecting someone from the posts in our Facebook Creative Community or our Instagram #doodlebugswa.
- Each month we'll post the challenge, along with any additional details that may be required from the recipients.
We've chosen Children's Hospital of Seattle for our January Challenge. We'll be collecting Valentine Cards during the month of January, to deliver to the kiddos at Children's Hospital of Seattle for Valentine's Day.
At the end of the month, we'll randomly select a winner, from the cards that were submitted, to receive our Fancy Friend Kit. Take a better look at the kit HERE.