Friday, June 6, 2014

MFT Stamps - "Watt's Up" stamp and Light Bulb Die

I'm having so much fun playing with the "Watt's Up" stamp set and light bulb die from MFT Stamps. 

Wouldn't this be a great graduation card?

I inked up the background with Tim Holtz Distress Ink and the mini ink blending tool.  To create the spots,  I "flicked" water onto the surface, waited a few seconds and then pressed a paper towel over the top, picking up the water.   I used the Wink of Stella, clear pen to add some shimmer to the black cardstock base.

For those of you participating in our Monthly Challenge, I embellished the die cut in a few different ways.  I cut all the pieces of the light bulb in white.  I heat embossed the blub portion with white embossing powder.  I used my Copic markers to color the filament and the base pieces.  I added some Stardust Stickles to the filament and used the clear Wink of Stella on the base portion of the bulb.

There are several sentiments in this set, and all of them work with the light bulb die.  However, with graduation just around the corner, I thought this one was appropriate.

4 comments:

  1. I have this die set! Love what you did with it! Might have to copy for a couple graduation cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I'm a beginner, but I was wondering if the card's background would also work with watercolors? I saw the picture and absolutely love the idea, mind if I attempt it? Also, I don't have these tools...do you know if there are any alternatives that would look just as good? I don't feel like spending a lot of money on just one card.
    Thx lots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, water coloring the background would be a great alternative! Have fun and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete