Friday, June 13, 2014

Memory Box- Darla Butterfly Die

Looking for some inspiration for our Creative Community Challenge this month?  We used the negative space (the space that's left after cutting your die shape) to create the card below.

I used a 3"x 4" piece of Mixed Media paper from Strathmore and applied color in strips using Tim Holtz Distress Ink Markers.  I then used a water brush to activate the color, blending out the hard edges and blending where the two colors meet.  I cut the Darla Butterfly from the upper, center of the paper and removed the butterfly.  Save it.  You can use the butterfly on another card.

After it was dry, I misted it with Perfect Pearls Mist.  You can see the shimmer better in the image below.  I used some silver glitter paper to cover behind the butterfly.  The whole piece is secured to a white card base with a foam dimensional dot.

Additional Supplies Used:
Handwritten Notes stamp set from Avery Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment