Friday, April 18, 2014

Art Journal Inspiration

Here's some Friday, Art Journal inspiration to "kick off" your weekend.  I used quite a few different stencils, since that is our Creative Challenge this month.

Hope you enjoy.

I created lots of layers using stencils, tissue, and stamps.  I loved how it looked and really didn't want to do anything else to the pages.  But I had to stick with my original plan.  I drew three flowers with my black Montana paint marker and then divided the page in half.  I blacked out the bottom half.  Yikes.  I was really nervous doing that.  I then applied white paint to the top half using the same technique.  I used a thinner layer of white paint than I did with the black paint.  I just couldn't cover everything up.  So I left some of the layers visible through the white paint.

I added some teal and white paint along the edge of the black paint.  Sprayed it with some water and let it drip.  I repeated the same process to the top with yellow paint and dripped in the opposite direction.  To finish it, I added more pen work to the flowers with the pink, orange, and black Montana markers.

Here's a close up of all those stencils.

2 comments:

  1. Janie Adams StrandApril 21, 2014 at 7:48 AM

    Pretty cool. I really want to experiment with some of these techniques. Soon! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lots of fun. I love working in my art journal. It's less pressure than creating on canvas!

      Delete