Thursday, July 18, 2013

Project Life Thursday

Happy Thursday everyone!

Are you ready for some Project Life inspiration?  I recently decided to start my own Project Life album.  I have 1000's, really, of photos on my computer and only a few of them in albums.  I'm so busy, and life it so hectic, I just can't ever find the time to sit down and scrapbook.  So, when Becky Higgins decided to release these kits to retail stores, I decided to jump on board.  Once the kits arrived, I grabbed my favorite, the Midnight Edition, and sat down in my craft room.  I can't believe how much I got done in a few hours!  It took me longer to edit my photos  that it did getting them into my book.

There are many ways to approach Project Life.  Liesl participates in a "Photo a Day" challenge and follows along on Instagram.  She then uses those daily photos in her Project Life album. You can find information regarding that challenge here. I have taken a less structured approach.  I simply want to get my photos into albums.  So, my Project Life album is a montage of photos.  Mostly, different events or travels, but sometimes random photos.  I'm tempted to document a day or week in my life as Ali Edwards often does.  When I do, I'll invite you all to play along.  In the meantime, you can find some information for a Day in the Life and a Week in the Life Project on Ali Edward's blog.

Have fun!

 Here's the first page I completed.  These are pictures from a trip my husband and I took to Cannon Beach, OR in 2011.  Love that place!

Here's one of the many 3"x 4" cards that come in the Midnight Edition of Project Life.  I added a little wood veneer heart from Studio Calico.


I used another 3" x 4" card with the phrase "the good life" and dressed it up with some enamel dots from Basic Grey.  The transparency banner is from Basic Grey's Knee Highs and Bow Ties.

The transparency and mustache above are also from Basic Grey's Knee High and Bow Ties collection.  I used some black archival ink to color the wood veneer mustache.

No comments:

Post a Comment