Monday, October 3, 2016

Traveling with Art Supplies

Hello everyone.  I'm traveling this week, and thought I'd share a quick post describing how I travel with a few of my supplies.  My flight is a long one, I'm traveling from Seattle to Boston.  So, I'll be sitting for quite some time.  Here's the supplies I travel with.  Creating helps distract me from the long, boring flight.

I have my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers in a bag.  The bag is deep enough that the markers will fit "tip down" so I can see the colored ends.  I sit this bag in the seat pocket in front of me and can easily choose the colors I need.

Also in the bag is a waterbrush, and a paper towel folded in half several times.  This is what I use to clean the tip of my brush when switching colors.


Before I leave on my trip, I stamp several images onto watercolor paper, that has been cut to card size.  I use Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink to stamp my images (I like the no line watercolor technique).  You could also stamp these with Archival Ink if you prefer your images to have the black lines.  I slide these images into a small cellophane bag and then into my marker bag.  The cellophane bag keeps them protected while I travel, and I can use it as a pallet if I need to.  Once I'm finished, I used my paper towel to remove the color from the cellophane.


Super easy, I pull out one bag from my carry-on, and I have everything ready to go!  When I get home, I stamp a sentiment onto them and add them to the front of a card.

SUPPLY LINKS:
Watercolor H2O brush from Zig
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers
Watercolor paper from Strathmore
Antique Linen Distress Ink from Tim Holtz
Jet Black Archival Ink from Ranger
Stamps from Altenew

3 comments:

  1. Such a great idea! Thank you so much for sharing! I will be flying cross country later this month, and will definitely use these tips!

    ReplyDelete