Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Scrabble Tile Charms

My niece has been visiting me the past couple of weeks.  We've been busy crafters, creating all sorts of fun things.  I thought I'd share the scrabble tile charms we've been working on.  This technique has been around for some time, so many of you may have seen this already.  For those of you that haven't, this is a fun, summer project for kids, teens and grown ups.  Stop by the store for the supplies.  We carry everything you'll need, including the scrabble tiles.


Supplies:
Scrabble Tile
Bale (loop for chain)
Patterned paper
Multi-Medium and/or Glossy Accents
Ball Chain


Directions:
1. Choose an image from your patterned paper and cut to fit your scrabble tile.
2. Adhere the patterned paper to the scrabble tile with multi-medium or Glossy Accents.  Let dry over night.
3. Once dry, I sanded the edges of the paper smooth against the tile.  My paper was slightly larger than the tile.  However, if you measure better than I do, this step may not be necessary.
4.  Apply the multi-medium or glossy accents to the top of your scrabble tile.  If you like the raised epoxy look on the top of your tiles, you'll need to use Glossy Accents.
4.  Let dry overnight.  Glossy Accents may take longer to dry.
5.  Use Glossy Accents or multi-medium to adhere the bale to the back of the scrabble tile.
6.  Add ball chain and you're done!

1 comment:

  1. Thank for sharing this. I was wondering how you made these.

    ReplyDelete