Wednesday, September 23, 2020

If You Give A Mouse A Cookie Theme With Lawn Fawn...

 


Hello and happy Wednesday everyone!! Mayra here with you today with a fun interactive card. A bit ago, I created a card inspired by the children's book If You Give A Mouse A Cookie. It was one of my youngest sons favorite books. I really enjoyed reading that book with him. For my card today I was once again inspired by that book. But for this card, I wanted to use mainly die cuts. 






I began by die cutting all the pieces I would be using to create the little mouse and the cookies. For the mouse, I began with the
Tiny Gift Box Chick and Duck Add- On (I used the main layer for the tuft of hair, nose, and the rounded piece that looks a bit like a flame for the ears), Tiny Gift Box Cat Add-On (for the face of the mouse). I cut off the ears from the cat layer and added the rounded piece to the base layer to create the rounded ears. I then used Distress Inks to add a bit of color to my die-cut pieces. I used Hickory Smoke Distress Ink, Lawn Fawn Premium Dye Ink in the color Hippo, and Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.







For the cookies, I used the round layer for the sun from the Foursquare Backdrop Die, Mushroom Border Lawn Cuts Die (I used the pieces from the little mushrooms for the chocolate chips). I also used Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink to add a bit of color to the edges of the cookies. Next, I die cut the layers I would be using for my card. I used the Quilted Backdrop for the base of the card. I then die cut all the pieces from the Flippin Awesome Lawn Cuts Die set I would be using. I also used the Flippin Awesome Add-On Lawn Cuts Die and the Diagonal Gift Card Pocket



Next, I began assembling my card. I also used the mason jar from the How You Bean? stamp set. I added some of the cookies I had made to it after I colored it with my Copic markers. I also used the small tag from the Double Slider Surprise die. I heat embossed the sentiment onto the tag from the Tiny Tag Sayings stamp set, for the sentiment on the front of the card and the inside I used the Village Shops stamp set. I also added a couple of chocolate chip cookie themed balloons on one of the layers using the smallest balloon from the Outside In Stitched Balloon Stackables


I hope you enjoy the card I created to share with you. Thank you so much for stopping by. Hoping you each have a wonderful and blessed day. Please feel welcome to visit me at my blog Mayras Designs, Instagram, or on Pinterest.

Links to products used are listed below:

No comments:

Post a Comment