Tuesday, April 16, 2019

MFT Stamps Best in Show

Happy Tuesday friends. We have Toni, from Frankie Helps Craft sharing, not one, but two cards on the blog today. We're thrilled you stopped by and hope you like the cards!  Let us know what you think in the comments below.

*****


Hello, Friends!  Toni here today with two cards featuring the MFT Best in Show set. This set is so so cute, isn't it?  Have you seen the movie Best in Show? I loved it and couldn't help but think of it as I worked on these cards. LOL.

For the first card, I stamped the images with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored them with Copics. I then masked the images using my favorite masking paper by Inkadinkado.


I  sponged Distress Oxides Wilted Violet and Shaded Lilac on the card front. I spattered this with water, Distress Oxide Twisted Citron and Peacock Feathers. Once dry, I diecut the panel and adhered it to the card base which I had lightly sponged with Distress Oxide Mustard Seed.  I stamped the sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black and used Ranger Glossy Accents to add a few Pretty Pink Posh clear sequins.


I intended my first card to be one layer but I forgot to stamp the middle pillar first. Oops!  No big deal though as the pole appears more dimensional being adhered with Ranger Multi Medium Matte in front of the corgi.

Now the second card looks like it's one layer but it's not.  This time I changed my mind about layout so the first pole is the one I should have stamped first then masked. Apparently you can't teach a dog new tricks--LOL!


I sponged the bottom of the card front with Distress Oxide Twisted Citron then stamped the sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black. I masked the peke and one of the poles (accidentally ripped the second pole's mask and didn't feel like making another) when I sponged Distress Oxide Peacock Feathers on the MFT Ray of Light stencil.

It seemed a bit ho-hum so I spattered water and Distress Oxide Peacock Feathers through the stencil as well. I really like the effect and will definitely use it again in the future!


To see my other creations, feel free to stop by my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, or follow me on Instagram!

Have a great rest of your week!

Links to products used are listed below:

2 comments:

  1. REally great cards ... and adorable stamp set!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and for leaving us a sweet comment!

      Delete