Thursday, August 14, 2014

Distress Ink Tree

I saw this fun technique in a online class I took a few months back.  I thought it would be the perfect project to share today since our Challenge this month is Distress Inks.


This card is SUPER easy!!  Mist a piece of watercolor paper or mixed media paper with some water.  Choose some Distress Ink colors and create a pallet of the inks on your non-stick craft surface.   Pick up the ink with a wet brush and flick the color onto the paper creating the round, top portion of the tree.  I didn't choose the colors in any particular order, except I did apply the green last and used more green than any of the other colors.

I used my brush and some Vintage Photo Distress Ink to paint the trunk.  The sentiment stamp is from Avery Elle.


No comments:

Post a Comment